Today's title is from the New Pornographers' album Twin Cinema and the song "Sing me Spanish Techno." Although the song's not really about long office days, I really feel a resonance these days with the line, "The hour glass spills its sand, only to punish you." In fact, I was so intrigued by the line that I had the song on repeat on the way back across the Billy-Bridge today. Just captures my mood, I guess...
Although things have stabilized and we've now moved into a sort of controlled chaos, when that means you're putting in 70-80 hour weeks, you appreciate the the little things that make a big difference in life; for your amusement, here are some of the little things:
- A 4 mile run before work, with no shin pain
- Drop off laundry service
- Modest Mouse
- Goose Island Oatmeal Stout (yum)
- A new UK basketball recruit
- Mocking Matt Lauer
- Town cars (with the BQE* I'm not sure they're faster than the subway, but being able to sleep on the way home is priceless)
- Jeph Jacques' comics
- A new gym bag
- The Cincinnati Reds (Hey, when a team's this bad, every guy feels like he can be a Major Leaguer!)
Week of 5/21: 12 miles
*That's Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, for you non-New Yorkers.