Thursday, June 22, 2006

Rushed

Short post today. I have some thoughts, but don't really have the time to put them down right now. I've been on a lull on the job for the last few weeks, but several things have flared at once, cutting severely into my 'free' time. It's good to be busy, but I've have been intrigued over the last few days by the similarity between the words "Lull" and "hell". They just sort of look similar, don't they? Like siblings, but where one is easygoing and the other's a raging Type-A? Just a thought.

Still in my last week before marathon training starts. Did an easy hour run this morning (well, 64:50) that took me across the Williamsburg Bridge into Manhattan, down to the East River Park and they up along the water to Stuyvesant Cove. Totalling about 8.6 miles. Felt pretty good except for where I'd banged my knee on my desk last week when I fell off while fooling with the AC vent (finally figured out how to shut it off! Yeah! Now I can take off my jacket in the office.). I guess the good feeling translated into a strong pace because 7:30/mile was a little faster than I'd targeted for "easy" runs. After the run, I met "Herbie," who teaches at the school around the corner from my apartment. I was wearing my club gear and he comes running up behind yelling, "I didn't know we had FLYERS in Brooklyn. Where you run? We got bridges and parks -- all kinds of places." No kidding? Bridges? Seemed like a nice guy.

Incidentally, apparently the Flyers website now has an rss feed for updates. If you don't rss, it's pretty hot. Rather than trolling through the Times, CNN, BBC, Slate, MLB.com, ESPN, et cetera and so on and so forth for your news, you get a reader that aggregates all the headlines from your chosen sites in one spot. I'm testing the RssOwl reader now.

No comments: