Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Decisions

And thus ends my blogger-slackerdom. It was well needed because, although I could have written about movies I've seen, books that I've read or the opera I went to see over the last ten days, invariably I would have ended up writing about, thinking about, obessessing over, even, running. And to think through my next steps I needed a clear head that the nose to the trees perspective of blogging would not allow.

So, what to do? There are lots of considerations. It's cold and dark when I'd be training. I'm enjoying running fast again. I twisted my knee funny at a water stop during the Flyers group run on Saturday and it's a little stiff. It'd be good to spend more time with my wife. I've learned we may be running a trial right after the first of the year, which could make for an incredible amount of work. These considerations clearly point in one direction, and so . . .

Registration: Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon & Houston Press/Smart Financial 5K
Purchase Date: 11/21/06
Category: Chevron Houston Marathon - 26.2 Miles
Event Date: 01/14/07
Name: Jonathan Daugherty

P.S. For those of you who know JBL in real life, be sure to ask him about his dissertation on collective action problems. It sounds really fascinating.


Today: Stuyvesant Cove O&B, 8.6 miles in 65:45 (7:39/mile).
Last Week
Total: 33.8 miles
Long Run: 16.0 miles
Speed: None
Week of 11/6
Total: 20.0 miles
Long Run: 11.2 miles
Speed: None
Week of 10/30
Total: 22.7 miles
Long Run: 9.3 miles
Speed: None

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Are you running Houston to make up for the disappointment of your previous race? Are you shooting for 3:10 again?

Jon said...

Well, both, actually, but mostly the former. The goal at this point is still certainly 3:10, but I'm primarily wanting a smartly run race.

Bridges Runner said...

Good luck! I'll be in Houston as well but I'm only doing the 1/2.