Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fastest Race Report Ever!

Race: Snowflake 4

  • Temp: Freezing. Didn't that god damn groundhog predict a short winter.
  • Before the race: Mary Wittenberg says over the intercom, "Any new runners out there?" and the response is . . . silence. I say, "Not today," and the guy in front yells, "Try again in July!"
  • During the race -- Miles one and two: felt like I was working way too hard for 6:10s. Not surprising since I haven't run in two weeks and am pushing 80 hours at the office for the week already.
  • During the race -- Half to mile 3.5: At this point I'm thinking, "Well I'm not going to get a p.r. I'm not even close. I'm exhausted from work. I don't really want to be here. And $*!@ this is hard!" I start coasting.
  • During the race -- 3.5 to end: Run hard. Finish in 25:25; 6:21/mile. Slower than my 10K in December.
  • After the race -- water was frozen. My apple had ice bursting through the skin.
  • Around 6pm, I'm at the office and I think, "Gee. Let's see how bad today's race really was against my old best. . ." And the old p.r. is . . . 26:18. Are you kidding? I guess that's the benefits of having soft p.r.'s. Or maybe it says something, I guess, on how much fitness I gained last year that this race was that much better than my last.
  • Miles since 2/15: 4

2 comments:

DebbieJRT said...

Congrats on the PR! I am glad I wasn't out there with you, however :)

nyflygirl said...

update the sidebar, dammit!! :)

congrats on the PR, and for scoring for the team!!