Friday, August 24, 2007

Peep!

That was a peep out of me.

I'm starting to wonder about the health of this blog; like so many others, is it now on it's way to retirement? I break my brief hiatus to ponder that for a moment, and only a moment since leaving for the office at 7:20 am and arriving home at 12:50 am doesn't leave a lot of time for self-expression.

Nor does it leave much time for self-actualization in non-career activities -- like marathoning. Let's face it, 90+ hour work weeks and marathon training don't mix. We all know that. Nevertheless, it's still somewhat gut-wrenching to receive an "Only 72 days left" email from NYRRC on the same day I've decided perhaps this marathon will be a "fun run." I've not actually managed to train in two weeks anyway; so fun run seems appropriate. (Obviously, as a "running blog," no running means iphiclus' raison d'etre is essentially, to use a technical term, kaput.)

Mr. John Smithwick is telling me not to worry about it tonight. So, that's what I'm going with.

Back on sabbatical. Checking back in next month...

1 comment:

nyflygirl said...

it's september 24th...time for your monthly update :-p